A New Addition To The Bookshelf Muse

photo by stirwise/flickr

This post is a bit of a mish-mash, but there's some exciting things going on that might just be BIGGER THAN BACON.

WEBINARS!

First, you may have noticed a NEW Page tab above labelled Workshops and Webinars.  Becca and I are happy to announce that we're taking our show on the Virtual Road, and doing a bit of teaching!

Our first webinar, on March 6th, is Using Nonverbal Communication To Wow Readers and is being hosted by WANA International. If you struggle with emotion and how to show it, this is the class for you. Wana also has many other courses for creatives, too! We hope to see some of you there. :)

GRATITUDE!

Becca and I have chosen our Charity of the Year and want to introduce it to all of you! Last year, we picked Heifer International, and thanks to your support, we were able to donate a portion of our royalties to this worthy cause. This year we're choosing UEND: Poverty, a organization that has projects all over the globe to help wipe out poverty. I found out about this charity a few years ago when my husband gave me a gift certificate for it for my birthday, and I was able to go into the site and choose which project to put the money toward. Very cool stuff!

CONFERENCE!

Circling back to WANA International, we're also very excited to share their first online conference coming on Feb 22 & 23. The line up of speakers is amazing.There will be Agent Pitching and great advice from some of the best in the biz. And of course no event would be complete without some social fun, so there's a mixer and pajama party, too! You can download the full conference schedule right here.

GUEST POST!

Also, Becca is over at one of the most amazing blogs on the internet: Query Tracker, so please feel free to stop in and say hello! This blog and site was so helpful when I was looking for my agent--I hope any of you on the hunt are checking into all the information and tools they have for writers.

COMMUNITY!

Finally, when we were celebrating our 3 BIG January milestones with a Kindle Giveaway, I asked to hear about the blogs that have helped you recently. You guys had so many sites to share, rather than let those blogs get lost in the comments, I rounded up all the ones you left links for and posted them below. Blogging and writing is also about building community, so I urge you to choose a blog on the list that you don't yet know and take a minute to swing by and say hello!



Blogs valued By Musers 2013

Krista Von Dolzer
Enriching Lives. Inspiring Hope
Rose Anne McCauley
Female First
Nail Your Novel
Janice Gable Bashman
Literary Rambles
Falling Leaflets

Cock-eyed Caravan
Lisa L. Regan
Nancy S. Thompson
Jami Gold
K.M. Weiland
Coffeehouse For Writers
Slushpile Hell
Conversations With Writers
GenXposé
Theresa's Tales of Teaching Tribulations and Typing Teen Texts
Catherine Scully

Rose Gaus: The Draw Page
Sparknotes
The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment

dVerse Poet's Pub 

Studio Mothers
James Scott Bell
Writer Unboxed 
Magical Words

Vaughn Roycroft
Jody Helund 
Sarah Nego
Kristal Shaff
Janice Hardy
Juliana Brandt
The Write Practice
Dean Wesley Smith
Kristine Kathryn Rusch
Ellie Garratt
Gwen Gardner
Back Porch Reflections
Stacy Nash
Elana Johnson
Self Publishing Podcast
The Creative Pen
A Thought Grows
Live Write Thrive

Julie Coulter Bellon
Terrible Minds
Marcy Kennedy
The Pen Punks
Agent Query Connect

The Artsy Side Of Life

Girls Pwn
Sara Brookes 

Margie Lawson 
R.S. Guthrie
Kevin Rau

18 comments:

Martina at Adventures in YA Publishing said...

I'm so happy you are going to be doing workshops! That is wonderful news! It's great that you've hooked it up with WANA, too. That's such an amazing organization. And I love that you give a portion of your royalties to charity! What a great lit of logs, too. I see a few I haven't discovered before, and I, looking forward to visiting them.

Wendy's Writing said...

Onwards and upwards Angela - sadly a bit far away for me!

Southpaw said...

Fun stuff. What time zone is the webinar in?

Laura Pauling said...

Awesome! And good luck with all your new ventures!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome new venture Angela and Becca. A huge congrats.

And thanks for the list of helpful blogs. I feel honored Literary Rambles is included and plan to check out some of the others.

Tamara said...

Wow. Really excited about the conference. You guys are awesome. And can't wait to check out some of these blogs--even though I already follow a bunch of them!! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Your workshops will be great!! :)

What a great list of helpful blogs - so many are on my must-visit list! :)

Charlie Holmberg said...

Awesome news guys! Love it!

Miranda Hardy said...

Congrats on the addition! I hope the workshops go well.

Wonderful writer sites.

Irene Olumese said...

Another great project that I am sure will be as successful as the others. Looking forward to the webinars.

I am honoured that "Enriching Lives. Inspiring Hope" is included in the list. Thanks for all the effort you make to build a great community. I am off to check out the other blogs listed.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

You guys are awesome! You two are such a valuable part of the writing community. :)

Karen said...

If only I could depend upon my present internet connection enough to attend the WANA Webinar. I hope there will be another webinar next year when I am settled in one place.

More great blogs? I can barely keep up with the ones I read now and still find time to write!

Traci Kenworth said...

Yay!! Bring on more good things!!

Teresa Robeson said...

Oooh, webinars and workshops! What a wonderful new addition to all that you offer.

I wish I could do the WANACon, but I already have a couple of other things lined up.

Those are wonderful blogs you've listed...I'm already familiar with some, but will try to visit the others soon.

Query Tracker's great! So glad Becca is guest posting there. :)

Angela Ackerman said...

Thanks everyone! We are super excited for this coming year!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Bookshelf Musers!

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

You guys are amazing. I'm so happy to be part of your list and am definitely going to check out the others listed. You do so much to help writers. Thank you!

Karen Lange said...

Bigger than bacon? For real? :)

Thanks for the info, and thanks for sharing the Coffeehouse blog. Will have to check these others out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...