A Fun Event, A Thank You & The Next Thesaurus Book

LIKE A BOSS.
Wow, November is over. What a ride! Despite many, many November mishaps (our blog feed exploding, Amazon pulling our book by accident, family illnesses and more) I did pull off my 50K and officially barely scraped past the finish line  killed Nanowrimo. Woot! I know today, a ton of NANO folks are breathing a collective sigh of relief that life is going to get back to normal.

And of course, there were many crazy happenings on the blog here as well! People all over the world reported odd sighting of well, ME, doing strange things.

If you missed it (you know, because you were eating, breathing and sleeping 50K worth of words), Jessica Bell caught me Dancing With The Stars, Nicōle Olea Discovered I was raising Elvis from the dead, Tabitha Olson caught me terrorizing the Canadian countryside on my hunt for brains, J.H. Bográn found me amassing an alien horde to take over the world and Danyelle Leafty spotted me taking out bad guys as my alter ego, Ms. Marvel.

Very strange, I say. After all, I was writing my new Nano novel! How could I do all those things?  *wink*

Big Fat Squishy Thanks 

Huge thanks to all these awesome folks who helped make it a fun November while I was in my writing cave. And a super big bacon-glazed thank you to AMBER WEST, the master of photoshop, who helped with all those great pics. Each one had me howling, I swear!

Throughout this post you'll see some book covers, just a few of the offerings from these talented authors. I hope you'll check them out if you're looking for a new read!


The Next Thesaurus Book

Now, some big news! I know many of you who have The Emotion Thesaurus book have been patiently waiting to see which Thesaurus Becca and I would tackle next. We've finally decided to let the cat out of the bag. And guess what? We're releasing a PAIR of books!  

Right now, Becca and I are hard at work on 2 books centering on Character Traits. Because this is such a massive topic, we needed a way to split it into two books in order to keep printing costs down. So, the new books will each cover a side of Character Traits. One will tackle Character Flaws while the other will take on a Character's Positive Attributes. We hope these books will help you create strong, unique (yet flawed) characters that will leap off the page. Becca and I are aiming for a summer release.

Got Body Language? Meet Becca in Person!


And speaking of books, and Becca...did you know she will be offering a workshop at the 2013 Miami SCBWI-FL conference? So if you live in the area and are attending, mark her workshop down, because Becca really, really knows her nonverbal communication. You'll learn how to better show Emotion through your character's body language and more. There are many great speakers like Bruce Coville and Ellen Hopkins and it looks to be a really great event. Ah! I wish I lived closer so I could go. 


Liked Random Acts Of Kindness For Writers? Stay Tuned...

We have something super fun planned for December that we would love, love, love you to participate in. Our next post on MONDAY, Dec 3rd will give out ALL the details, so please stop in and if you like, sign up. We are looking to spread some holiday cheer and hope you will too!

The Process From Blog To Book


Today Becca is over at Nina Amir's blog talking about the process of how we took our Emotion Thesaurus and expanded it into a book. This is something we are seeing more and more bloggers trying, so if you are interested in doing something like this yourself, please check it out! Make sure to poke around Nina's blog as well, because it is a wealth of information on blogging and how to go from blog to book. Really great stuff. 

Okay, whew! This was quite the update--lots of things happening, and more to come. I hope everyone is looking ahead to December with as much joy and good cheer as I am. Becca and I both feel blessed to know so many wonderful people online, and we are sending vibes to every one of you for a wonderful December, and an even more amazing 2013!

20 comments:

Z said...

congrats on winning NANO, Angela!

Jackie said...

Hi Angela,

Congrats on "killing" nano!

It's looks like you'll have an exciting December too.

Merry Christmas1

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats Angela on Nano. And to you and Becca on your new books.

JeffO said...

Congrats on your NaNo success! I don't know how you managed to find the time to write 50K+ AND do all that other stuff - you're an inspiration!

Debra Feldman said...

Can't wait for the next book. Thanks for the announcement. I am planning to attend the Miami conference. Trying to get my ms in shape in time to submit for the critiques :)

Ava Jae said...

Congrats on killing NaNo, Angela! Looking forward to more details on the new books! :)

Martha Ramirez said...

wow what great stuff! Super congrats on Nano accomplishment. Whoot whoot! And a double cheer for yourvnext book! Cant wait to get it!

Ive been wanting to get that Show n Tell book but I just putvin an order.

And I wish I lived closer to take Becca's class!

J. H. Bográn said...

50k words...30 days...you're done! Wonderful! Where's my screenshot?

I hope the family cases of illness make full recovery and join in to your celebration.

And by the way...are you off your diet of brains? ;-)

Laura Pauling said...

So glad you're okay and survived all your adventures! :)

creativewritingintheblackberrypatch said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to a wonderful December. I'm reading a Christmas picture book each day until Dec. 24th!That should get me in the mood.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations for winning NaNo! I can't wait for your next books to come out. You know how much I love ET!

Susanne Drazic said...

CONGRATS on the NaNo win and so excited to learn what the new thesaurus will be. : ) Random Acts Of Kindness For Writers was awesome. I look forward to what you have planned for December. : )

Traci Kenworth said...

Wow, Angela!! You were BUSY!! Lol. Sure hope you washed the taste of those brains out of your mouth. heehee. I am SO excited for your and Becca's next couple of books!! I just got your first one a month ago but I'm saving it for a Christmas present for myself (Santa has to bring Mom something. wink.wink.). I will really need it's help on my editing I'm doing right now. And more exciting things are afoot, you say? I will be sure to stop by. Glad you finished, Nano and congrats!! Becca, you're going to have to learn to build a zombie-proof shelter soon if the rumors about Angela turn out to be true. Lol. Good luck!!

Tracy Campbell said...

Congratulations, Angela on completing Nano. You were missed even though you were spotted from time to time.
Becca and Angela, I can't wait for the release of both books! :-D

Stina Lindenblatt said...

You've had one crazy month, Angela. Congrats on finishing NaNo. And I can't wait for your new books. :D

Leslie S. Rose said...

Whoo - hoo for NaNo success. I am CRAZY excited for the character traits books.

Heather said...

Yay for characters! I can hardly wait for the next thesaurus!

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Congrats on winning NaNoWriMo, Angela! And I'm SO excited for your upcoming books!

Becca Puglisi said...

See? I TOLD you all it was a big misunderstanding. First crop circles, then Kim Kardashian's butt. It's just the next in a long list of unexplainable phenomenon.

I'd like to also thank everyone who helped by posting about Angela's antics, including Amber, for helping with the pics. Your help made my own crazy November much easier!

Julie Jarnagin said...

I'm looking forward to the future books!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...