Always Look on the Bright Side

I don't want to alarm anyone, but historically, the week of August 21st has been kind of a downer. Not one, but TWO volcanoes erupted: Krakatoa, in 1883, and Vesuvius in 79, which killed pretty much everybody.
Pompeii: Before
Pompeii: After

What does this have to do with anything? It only reinforces the fact that no matter how bad you've got it, things could always be worse. Too hot in south Florida to even step outside? Not as hot as being buried in lava. My son refusing to poopy on the big potty? Better than mushroom clouds and 3" pumice hailstones. So be encouraged, people. And if you happen to live near an active volcano...well, vaya con Dios.

On an up note, some super nice people have invited me to post at their blogs, so today, you can find me at...

I Am Alive, wherein I discuss my bucket list of favorite literary settings
Finding Bliss, wherein I share some useful self-publishing tips
Keyboard & Camera, wherein I wax philosophical with the 15-year-old Becca

A Writer's Muses, wherein I ponder the similarities between stories and soup


Have a productive, uplifting, and non-apocalyptic week!

16 comments:

wisdomquest said...

Somewhere between there and here I must have lost, or gained(?) a couple of words? Could have sworn that I saw something about mushroom clouds? Was I mistaken?

cleemckenzie said...

When you put a hot summer up against lava, hot summer is the choice every time! :-)

Bish Denham said...

You are SO right. I always try to be grateful for what I have because I know, were it not for the grace of God, I could just as easily be homeless...

Laura Pauling said...

So true?

Having trouble formatting? Frustrated at the pressure of putting out more books?

At least you're not buried under hot lava!

Love it. :)

Angela Ackerman said...

Well, I er, feel better now? *Yay no apocalypse*

marlarosebrady said...

You are so right there. Hot lava is a son of a gun.

DMS said...

What an excellent post! I agree with you. It is important to stop and think about the great things in your life. There are awful things that happen- we need to be thankful for what we have. :)
~Jess

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

So true, Becca! Appreciate where you are in life, because it could be much worse.

When I hear someone say they had the worst day ever, I always think "really?"

onthehomefrontandbeyond said...

went to a Writer's Muse - excellent post -- well written and so informative-I learned a lot

SP Sipal said...

LOL, Becca. Thanks for the perspective and the laugh. Pompeii is so fascinating. I hope to go there one day.

And you and Angela are staying so busy! Congrats on all that you've accomplished from your amazing work.
--Susan

Martha Ramirez said...

VERY good reminder!

Charlie Holmberg said...

So basically, no matter how bad it gets, at least there's not a massive volcano erupting somewhere, eh? ;)

Becca Puglisi said...

Thx, SP! My husband and I went to Italy for our ten year anniversary and Pompeii was my second favorite spot (Capri was #1). It was really fascinating.

Diana said...

I am now glad that nothing explosive happened this week. :)

Traci Kenworth said...

Gotta watch out for those steaming hot volcanoes!! Have a great time on your blog visits!!

Susanne Drazic said...

I guess that puts things in perspective. : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...