Update & Kindles for Kids!

Howdy Musers! I'm back from Mexico, am semi-tanned and rested up for the final gauntlet run through the MASSIVE To-Do list that comes with producing a book. We've gotten some great feedback from some kind early readers that has taken the book to a new level and Becca and I are almost out of our skin with excitement. 

Our business paperwork came in while I was away, meaning we can finally look at setting a date for the book! As we suspected, it will be in May, but I promise, this is worth the wait.

In the mean time, The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression is up on Goodreads! Perhaps you will show it some love and put it onto your To-Read list? *showers everyone with chocolate sparkles* 


Okay, enough about all that. I have something else I want to bring to your attention--Kindles for Kids!

Becca and I are blessed to know many wonderful, generous people in the writing community. One of the kindest, most thoughtful people I've met is Danyelle Leafty, and she's once again doing something awesome to Pay it Forward and help out the children in the pediatric unit of the Utah Valley Hospital. 

It's no fun being in a hospital bed, especially if you're a child. Danyelle has set a goal of buying 10 Kindles to donate to the hospital to lift some reading spirits and make a child's stay go a bit smoother. To do this, from March 12th-31st (2012) she's donating her royalties from THE FAIRY GODMOTHER DILEMMA: CATSPELL--both in paper and e-book form--toward the purchase of the Kindle Fires.

I think this is an AWESOME thing to do! If you're interested, please check out Danyelle's book, or enter her Short Story Contest to have your story included in an anthology to be uploaded onto these Kindle Fires! There are other ways to help, like donating books and spreading the word, so please visit this post for more information.  

I know the 31st is coming up quick, so I'm off to grab my copy of CATSPELL. Any tweets you could send out about Kindles for Kids would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone--you rock!

25 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Added your book. Glad your getting some great ideas. How exciting!

I love what Danyelle is doing.

Matthew MacNish said...

Marked as to-read!

Christina Lee said...

Wait, how did I miss the cover (must have been on vacay)--WooooooT!!

Heading over to GR right NOW!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Added your book. How exciting!

Kristen Wixted said...

I know I'm going to need one of those books.
It's so exciting!

YelenaC said...

So excited about the book! Just put it on my TBR list on Goodreads. Is it May yet? :)

http://www.samposey.com/ said...

What a great reference. I'm looking forward to getting this book.

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

I hope you had a restful and fabulous time in Mexico! I added your book, of course. And thanks for the links and information about Kindles for kids. Wonderful.

Ann said...

Marked to read and can't wait!

Angela Ackerman said...

Thanks, each and every one of you! *sends out hugs and plates of bacon*

Julie Musil said...

What an amazing idea! I'm spreading the word about Kindles for Kids. Thanks, Angela

Donna K. Weaver said...

I've added your book. I think it's brilliant that you're publishing this. It's such a fabulous resource!

Becca Puglisi said...

Such a great cause! Thank you, Danyelle, for thinking it up!

Adventures in YA Publishing said...

Can I just say that I was lucky enough to get to beta this book, and OMG, it's wonderful!!!! Seriously a tool every writer should have.

And I love the Kindles for Kids concept!

Still waiting for the browned and gorgeous Angela pics :D

Hugs,

Martina

Lynda R Young said...

How can I turn down a shower of chocolate sparkles? Actually I would have done it without the shower, but it was still a great bonus ;)

Traci Kenworth said...

Added to-read, can't wait!! You two have done SO much to help out writers like me, I wish you both success!!

Stacy Green said...

Welcome back, and love the cover. Added you on Goodreads - can't wait to read the book.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Danyelle is doing a wonderful thing for kids in the Utah hospital.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Great idea - glad you reminded us about the kindle for kids.

Martha Ramirez said...

I'm so happy you two are coming out with a book together!! And what an awesome book! I just your site every day. Can't wait to check it out! I'll be sure to shout it off the rooftops.
Congrats!

And Kindle for Kids! What a great idea!!

Catrina Barton said...

Added your book. I can't wait for it to be released. :)

The Kindle for kids is awesome. :)

http://kittysinnerthoughts.blogspot.com/

Angela Ackerman said...

Thanks everyone for your awesome support and for spreading the words about Kindles for Kids!

Susanne Drazic said...

The cover for The Emotion Thesaurus looks great! Can't wait to get a copy.

Susanne
PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

Vikki said...

I would LOVE to get hold of a copy of your book, but all the links are turning up with no results. Have you got a link where I can buy a copy?

Thanks

Xx

Bluestocking said...

YAY! So glad this book is coming out. Can't wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...