Twitter, Us & Unique Writing Resources


Hi guys. I just wanted to pass on that I have started up another Twitter Account so that I can share unusual & valuable writing resources that I find. This is a LINK ONLY twitter feed, allowing me to keep links prominent and easy for writers to find, so if this interests you, please follow @WriterThesaurus! Here's a sample of the treasure trove of links that I have shared so far:

A Powerful Search Engine BUILT for Writers

WORDNIK: A dictionary that combines word definitions & social networking, listing live term usage (twitter, photos, etc)


A Downloadable Master SCENE CHECKLIST by Adam Renfro (like a character chart, but for your scenes)

How to Detect a Lie

So, if you think links like these may help you, follow @WriterThesaurus! And if you want to chat with Becca and I, we both have our normal accounts on Twitter. WE LOVE TO CONNECT WITH WRITERS AND EDUCATORS, so please friend us so we can friend you back!

@AngelaAckerman

@BeccaPuglisi

Some of the writing links are already listed on the blog, but I thought this would be a fun way to share what I find as I find it. So far I've discovered and shared some pretty neat glossaries/dictionaries/thesauri links on strange topics to inspire you in your writing! Too, I've listed some neat writing tool and collections in areas that will really help those needing to research. Some you may know about, but others might be new.

So, if you have something unusual you've found and want me to look at and possibly include, put it in the comments here! Or, if you are looking for something--a collection of information on a specific area (crime, a historical era, magic, a list of mental conditions, nautical terms, etc) do let me know so I can keep my eye out for it.

I usually add one or two links a day, Mon-to Fri, so stop by some time. As Twitter won't keep tweets forever, don't forget to 'favorite' tweets you want to keep track of, or bookmark pages to resources in the tweets, whichever you prefer. Hopefully this will help a few folks with writing and research. And if you know other writers who might find the resources helpful, please pass on the word, or RT the links! 

22 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

I don't know why it took so long for there to be a huge database of writing tips! What a great idea. I can't wait to check it out. Thanks for your hard work!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I didn't know we could 'favorite' tweets. Cool.

Love you resource tweet idea. :D

Margay said...

I'm bummed. I just tried - twice - to follow this on Twitter and it said the page doesn't exist.

Becca Puglisi said...

Angela is a genius, I've always said it. She definitely has a way of finding whatever information is needed. This list is an awesome resource that I think could help every writer at some point. Good job, Ange!

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

Thank you for setting up this Twitter account. When I tried your link, I also got the "Sorry, this page doesn't exist..." but I put in a search and it came up:

http://twitter.com/#!/WriterThesaurus

Thank you for being such a supportive friend of writers!

Bish Denham said...

This is great...but I don't have a twitter account...However I've already bookmarked the links you gave!

Holly Ruggiero said...

Margay, the link is http://twitter.com/WriterThesaurus
There is an % in the link above.

I don't tweet but I'm bookmarking the page.

Clarissa Draper said...

This is really cool. Thank you.

Angela Ackerman said...

Sorry guys--the links all work now!

Gremlins: THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

There is no end to your awesomeness. I don't Twitter, but this *might* change my mind. :-)

Nicole Zoltack said...

Awesome! And I only just recently learned about favorite-ing tweets.

tracikenworth said...

What a great resource!! I love coming to your blog more and more to find such valuable info.

Kara McElhinny said...

Cool! I just started a Twitter account today! Thanks for letting us know!

Susanne Drazic said...

Cool! I'll add as friends on my Twitter account.

Lisa Gail Green said...

Yeah for Twitter! I love that we connected on there, (I'm a little addicted) and I love your new link ID, I just clicked follow on that one too. Thanks!

Angela Ackerman said...

Awsome, thanks everyone who has tracked us down! If I'm not yet following you, I will shortly!

Remember if you have some awesomely unique writing or story research site you've found, do let me know!

Angela

Elana Johnson said...

Cool! I didn't know you could have a link twitter account.

Abby Annis said...

Awesome idea! I'm going to follow now! :)

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

How cool and exciting! I am following! Thank you, thank you!!!

Leslie Rose said...

Wow. Great info. Thanks. I'm going to go fool with Twitter.

Julie Hedlund said...

Great idea! Just followed the new account. Thanks for doing this - so helpful.

Matthew MacNish said...

I follow everything you touch, because you're that awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...