Critter is FAMOUS!

We had another exciting few days with Critter. Because of all the amazing authors and writers Critter's met on his trip round the world, I knew Critter would absolutely love to meet world-famous naturalist artist, Robert Bateman.

So, when hubby and I went to a dinner event with him, of course Critter came along. Now I figured he might be a bit nervous meeting someone who is probably one of the most well-know artists of our time, but Critter played it cool. I guess he's used to artists, being the creation of Ian Sands and all.

Robert loved Critter's story about his trip around the world to promote creativity and raise money for charity. A strong environmentalist and philanthropist, he could see why Critter's mission was so important. Robert has his own mission, and will be soon opening the Robert Bateman Center for Art and Environmental Education, which will showcase art as a forum for raising awareness and increasing knowledge about environmental issues.

There was one moment when Critter squealed like a little girl...when Robert Bateman signed him, too! What an HONOR!

Naturally, after meeting such a passionate and giving personality, Critter wanted to do something good for others. He's hoping to raise money for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital soon when he's auctioned off to a new owner, but for now, he helped us put together a care package for an orphanage in Tanzania, Africa, which my family and I recently visited this summer.

After all that hard work, it was off to the Cheesecake Cafe to meet local Blue Boarders Kidlit writers (front, left to right) Brenda Johnson, Janet Gurtler, Linda Duddridge  and (back, left to right)
Deb Marshall, Leslie Carmichael & Stina Lindenblatt.

We talked shop, discussed books...and of course, ate some Rolo cheesecake. Another first for Critter!

It was a pretty busy couple of days. Now Critter's hard at work on a secret event called Kidlit Critterpalooza. Watch for an announcement in the coming days, because it's an event YOU are invited to, filled with UNBELIEVABLE PRIZES to be won. You will not want to miss it!

19 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

This post made my day! :0D Not only am I happy that Critter is having such an amazing time, but that he helped the children in Tanzania too! Critter is doing so much good. It blesses my heart to see that. I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what he'll end up doing for St. Jude!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Big smiles for Critter's happy journey and all your happy photos and fun meetings. Thanks for sharing the joy.

Steena Holmes said...

HUGE smiles here! I just went to the Cheesecake Cafe and also had the Rolo ;)

N. R. Williams said...

This is the first I've seen of your critter post. I will check out that artist. Good luck with all your fund-raising.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Nicole Zoltack said...

Critter's on an awesome journey. :)

Heather said...

Critterpalooza, I love it! I can hardly wait!

Becca Puglisi said...

Critter is quite the humanitarian. I can't think of a better way to be repaid for your kindness than with cheesecake. Makes me want to give back, and get some fun things in return too. I think I...oops! Almost let the cat out of the bag. Check back for that wonderful announcement that's coming soon!

Matthew Rush said...

Wow. So cool!

Joanna St. James said...

I'm inspired by Critter

Kelly said...

Critter is quite the hobnobber! :)
Great pics!

cleemckenzie said...

Critter is holding up very well on his around the world journey. Glad you showed us what he's been up to recently.

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss angela! WOW critter is soooo busy with good stuff. i gotta tell you in all that good hes doing im just really happy hes gonna do stuff for helping st judes. mostly all my blogger friends know why i could like that. :) critterpalooza sounds like soooo much fun. for sure im gonna be watching out for that.
...hugs to you and critter from lenny

Colene Murphy said...

Hurray for Critter! Amazing!!

Ian Sands said...

When I was in high school I wanted to be Robert Bateman. The portfolio that got me into the School of Visual Arts was almost entirely animal drawings and paintings. So to me this is incredible!

Thanks everyone,

ian sands

Julie Musil said...

Your post cracked me up! If Critter's not going to eat that bite, I will.

Christina Lee said...

YAY! He signed it?? Made of WIN!! Oh, and Hi Stina (waving to you)! Love your girls!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

What's with Deb? Is she camera shy or what? :)

I'm so jealous of Critter and the cheesecake. It looked sooooo yummy!

Susanne Drazic said...

I hope Critter liked that cheesecake because it looked yummy!

courtney said...

That is too cool!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...