New Look!

As most of you have noticed, I've been playing around with the template and color scheme here at The Bookshelf Muse, but as always, readability is my number one concern. If anyone is having difficulty with the new color choices (too stark, etc), please let me know and I'll mess around a bit more.

I finally found an answer to how to fix the 'undefined, undefined' text where the date should be (YAY!) but am still baffled as to why a search box is embedded in my title header like an unwanted zit. I don't have a gadget for it and have no idea how it got there. If any of my super-smert Musers know how to fix it, I would be forever grateful!

I've sent JentheAmazing several templates for new thesaurus collections to look at and choose from, so you should be seeing another descriptive tool rolling out here in the coming weeks. Each one fills a different need, so it will be interesting to see which she chooses. I can't wait!

I also have a guest post over at Heart of the Home, where I show how to make a Zebra Cake. If you want to see a cool looking cake that's high on the YUM factor, check it out!

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day and long weekend. Happy writing!

EDITED TO ADD: Huge thanks to Veinglory who figured out how to get rid of the search bar in the header! Please stop by her blog and say howdy and thanks!

17 comments:

nathaliemvondo said...

I like what I see, Angela! And blue is such a calming color... :)

As for the search box, its code might be in the html of your template, the Header section... not sure that helps. I would tell you the code if I knew it. Another muse will surely chip in anytime soon. :)

Merry Monday,

Natahlie

Catherine A. Winn said...

I like the format, too. It's different. I think playing around with templates and trying new things is great.

The search thing is probably where Natahlie said. You might find it in editing the title, unless it came with the template.

Good Luck.

Anton Gully said...

There's definitely a search widget showing up in your page source.

Go to the edit your template page and do a search for "search" and you'll see it.

I like the new colour scheme. Very calming.

j.m. neeb said...

Add one more to the "liking the new color scheme" tribe!

Jean Davis said...

I like the new colors and the zebra cake looks so cool! I'm going to have to try that.

Erica said...

I like the new look! Blue is a great color! Will check out your zebra cake too ;o)

Jennifer M Nunes said...

The color and format look good to me.

I just checked out the zebra cake and it looks amazing!! I can't wait to try it out!

jennifermnunes.com

Deb Salisbury said...

I love the colors, but light on dark is really hard to read. I've seen studies that agree with me.

I don't follow light-on-dark blogs, but yours is too good to give up!

Niki said...

Blue is my favourite colour, so I love it :o)

Brittany said...

Oooh, I love the new colors! Very cool!

DL Hammons said...

Looks great. I really like the colors. Soothing.

Angela said...

Okay, sorry for messing with the colors again! I had a few emails from people who said the blue/white combo really bothered people's eyes when reading big blocks of text. I think probably a lighter background and dark text is closer to what I had before.

Angela said...

Humongous thanks to Emily from Absolute Write for getting rid of my search button! I LOVE YOU EMILY!

Jeanette Levellie said...

I love the green background: so soothing. And I've read that black is the easiest color to read. So you're doing great.

Blessings,
Jen

Kelly said...

Lookin' good! Now I gotta go back and see about a zebra cake...

Jill Corcoran said...

Sorry, but I find the black on this particular green hard to read.

Marcia said...

Oh, these are totally my favorite colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...