Meme-ber-me Again…With a Contest Twist

Boy, you innocently sic a few Mexican Timeshare-selling Zombies on people and do they ever let you forget? Nooooo…

(Just kidding--big thanks to Donna for this one—it looks fun!)

The Meme Rules Which I Must Abide By Or Forever Wander The Zombieless Void:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post by posting links to their blog sites.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their site.
6. And let your tagger know when your entry is up.

Has everyone taken their meds? It’s time to creak open the door to the scary place which is ANGELA.

Incredible Detail # 1: If you handed me a honeycomb frame from a bee hive, I know the proper technique to extract the honey from it.

Incredible detail #2: When I was a kid, I wanted to be an entomologist. I kept spiders in my mailbox and my first pet was a tarantula.

Incredible detail # 3: I have an alien driver’s license in my purse. You never know when you’ll need to drive those interstellar vehicles…

Incredible detail # 4: In elementary school, I once lead a group of girls safely across an island when our teacher ‘forgot us’ on a class trip.

Incredible detail # 5: I am a distant relative of Captain James Cook, the famous explorer from Great Britain who sailed to all 7 continents.

Incredible Detail # 6: When I was 11, I carved my initials in a tree when I thought I was going to die in a forest fire that I helped start

Incredible Detail #7: As a teen I was featured in national newspapers, radio and on TV for starving myself on purpose


Now the more observant Musers might notice there’s an extra factoid in there. That’s because kiddies…one of those factoids is a LIE. The question is which one?

For this Meme, I tag whoever wants to participate. For our Musers, I add this twist:

Angela’s Awesome Revised Guidelines to the Glorious Ever After Critique WIN

1. Guess which incredible detail is not true

2. Post your guess in the comment section

3. Include one reason why you want to be as cool as Angela and Becca

4. Hug a zombie if you see one. They’re people too (well, sort of)

5. You only get one guess

6. First one to find the lie (and follow the rules) wins their choice of either a query letter or 1st chapter macro critique (any genre except Erotica, please)

Well, what are you waiting for? Step right up and make your guess! Credit for this idea should go to Susan, who has a great blog and I suggest everyone stop by and say hello!

18 comments:

colbymarshall said...

I think the very first one is a lie. I just have a feeling about it.

Angela said...

Sadly no. #1 is true! Growing up my family kept several bee hives, which we then processed by smoking the bees, collecting the frames, shaving off the wax caps with a flat hot iron and then sliding them into sleeves on a giant hand crank extractor barrel.

Anonymous said...

I think the forest fire one is a lie.

And I want to be cool like you guys because, well, I'm having a rough morning. A little coolness would be swell.

Carmella (Car on Blue Board)

Catherine J Gardner said...

LOL! I'm going to go for number 6 too.

Angela said...

Sorry, but that one is true too! (Now everyone thinks I'm a pyro, right?)

My mom and I were lighting the brushpiles on the family farm (a normal task to clear land) and a wind came up, blowing sparks directly into the forest. Hundreds of tiny blazes sprang up in the undergrowth.

My parents and I fought these for hours, trying to keep them from spreading even deeper into the woods, stamping them out, smothering them with dirt, cutting down surrounding trees and pulling deadfall out of the fire's hungry reach.

At one point I had to find clean air and I quickly carved my initials into a tree in case I didn't make it. I remember how terrified I was in that moment.

We did manage to get the fire under control, but all of us were shaken at how fast something like that could happen.

Mandy said...

I'm guessing #7!

Becca said...

As a moderator of this contest, I must point out that no one has adhered to Rule #3: Include one reason why you want to be as cool as Angela and Becca.

Wouldn't want anyone to be disqualified on a technicality... ;)

Becca said...

Ack! Except Carmella, who I think is quite swell already :)

Angela said...

I'm guessing number 3
Because you used the term alien dl instead of 'interplanetary' or something like that ... besides I applied for one of those eons ago and they are like 'light years' behind in their paperwork.

And I want to be as cool as Angela and Becca because I can't sing in tune and I have almost lost my voice due to this cold making my singing even worse (if possible)

So if you can't sing you need every extra bit of coolness you can get, right?

FUN contest!

Angela said...

Yes, I have been shamelessly lax on the rules...*cracks whip!* Let's see some zombie hugging and Muserly flattery, stat!

And no, # 7 is true. When I was in grade 12, I protested a teacher's strike because both the teacher's union and the school board refused to meet and talk about their problems or consider mediation...all while I watched my grade slip for final exams (and get into a good college) while school was on hiatus two months before graduation. A few friends and I camped out in a park on mainstreet and went on a hunger strike. We were featured in Canada-wide media for our campaign of 'Starvation for Education'.

The result was it made both the school board and Teacher's union look terrible for acting juvinile, and they resumed talks to end the strike. Muahaha! A gew people can make a difference!

Angela said...

Ah, few, not gew...

Angela said...

Nope, not # 3. I really do have an alien driver's license in my purse! The name on it says Ms A. Lien. and lists all the classes of interstellar vehicles I have classification for.

I figure if I even get pulled over by a cop for speeding, I'll whip it out and see if Mr. Police Officer has a sense of Ha ha.

Don't feel bad though, Angela--Becca guessed that one too! Hope you get over your cold soon. Drink tea and eat chocolate. :-)

Angela said...

So it looks like there's just 2, 4 & 5 left...who's next to hazard a guess and win a fantabulous critique?

Mary Witzl said...

I'm guessing it's detail #2: This is because I'm also guessing you were a savvy enough kid to know that spiders weren't insects.

I could use any kind of cool too: here in Scotland it has suddenly gone from winter to summer!

CJ said...

Incredible detail # 5:" I am a distant relative of Captain James Cook, the famous explorer from Great Britain who sailed to all 7 continents."

I don't know, I'm just guessing that if you and I were anything alike as kids, all of the other one's would have been true.

I want to be like you when I grow up because you are so smart and funny, and witty, and zany, and... have I kissed up enough yet?

I would hug a zombie, but...

You rock, girlfriend!!

XOXO CJ

Angela said...

Lol, I guess I'm not that savvy, 'cause #2 is true. (And my little critter's name was Tyrone, in case anyone was wondering! He loved to eat moths and crickets)

HOWEVER, I am not a distant relative of Captain James Cook, so we have a WINNER! Congrats CJ!

Donna said...

Karma rocks. Ahahahahahahahahahahaha! I heart Karma. You can have your zombies back now and I'll keep my vampires away from you. :)

Laurie Ashton said...

Hey, I'm playing with your meme over on my blog. Six truths and one lie at http://lmashton.com/2008/05/six-true-things-and-one-lie/
So, you know, come visit if you want and guess which one is the lie. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...