Book Tag Meme

I was tagged by Rachel writes for kids for a book meme. Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to Rachel once you've posted your 3 sentences.


Alrighty! The book closest to hand is a dog-eared YA, Slaves of the Mastery by William Nicholson. Here's the back jacket blurb:

When the ruthless soldiers of the Mastery strike, the city is burned and the Manath people are taken into slavery. Kestrel Hath is left behind, separated from her beloved brother Bowman and vowing revenge.

Now Kestrel must find Bowman again, and Bowman must learn the secrets of the Singer People. Only then will they break the power of the Mastery.


The 6th, 7th and 8th (ish) sentences are:

Mumpo told the clerk he wanted to be a manac. Pinto heard this with horror.
"No Mumpo! You can't! You'll be killed!"


(Okay, so it's a bit longer than 3 sentences, but hey, it's dialogue.) Slaves of the Mastery is one of the few books where the sequel (in this writer's opinion) is even better than the first book. If you're looking for a story with a young fiery girl heroine, this is your book. This gets 5 wows out of 5 from me.

Say it with me, people: wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!

I formally tag:

Courtney
Kate
Unhinged
Authoress
Donna

Ignore, and not only will the internet chain letter zombies find you and gnaw on your brains, they'll force you to buy a Mexican timeshare. *shivers*

9 comments:

Authoress said...

Schlrghzx! Would you believe there isn't a single book on my desk?!

But I will do this, I promise. To whom do I direct the comments from my blog to those tagged -- to you, or to the original Rachel?

Authoress, the Meme Challenged

Angela said...

You direct your minions to me, but post on Rachel's when you've passed on the meme torch. I think. At least, that's what I did... :-)

Authoress said...

Well, that's all cleared up then. :D

Unhinged said...

LOL, Angela.

I'll do this later today. I recently saw a meme that's similar to this, only you "make up" part of the story between the first sentence on the page and the last sentence on the page. Um, or something.

Authoress said...

Okay, I posted them! They are SO stupid. :P That's what I get for letting my husband dump his junk in my office.

Becca said...

rofl!

CJ said...

These are so much fun! It's quite interesting to see what others are currently reading. When I did this, it was funny to hear what book was nearest a few of those I "tagged". (At least they were honest! Tee! Hee!)

XOXO CJ

Kate Boddie said...

Please! Not the zombies! I swear I forgot to check my blog feed this weekend! I swear! I'm doing it now! I'm doing it now! For the love of . . . zombies!

Donna said...

I've posted, I've posted! Get the zombies away!

(And I just realized I think I posted under my Blogger id, Kate Boddie, FYI. Yeah, that's me. Not some crazy person . . . uh . . .)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...