Before and After

Seeing as Becca shared a photo of her pooch, I thought I'd show a few of my own. :-)

This is my Sasha, a 9 month old and is a bichon/shitzu/yorkie cross. When she runs, it's like watching a little lumbering bear. The most frequent comment we get as Sasha works the crowd in the local dog park is, 'Oh she looks just like a little teddy bear!'

And she really does, but with her shaggy fur, she could be a girl or a dude, you just can't tell. And now because all her adult fur is starting to grow in, the fur on her belly easily becomes matted. It was time to take her into the groomers for a buzz.

They warned me that her cut would be very short to get the mats out. I envisionsed her looking like one of those hairless dogs. People would stop us on our walks and ask us where our cute dog went.


Imagine my surprise when I took Fozzy Bear in and got a little lady back! She cleans up rather well, don't you think?

I admit, I miss her shaggy coat, but it will grow back. Right now I'm enjoying being able to see her eyes again, and taking her for a walk without bringing half the park back home with us.

7 comments:

Susan Sandmore said...

Way cute! How long did she keep those little bows on?

Becca said...

That's quite a transformation. Definitely better after the cut, though. She's so cute!

Kate said...

She's so cute.
My son wanted a shitsu cross, but on a farm...? Not a good idea.

Angela said...

Actually, I had to take the bows off! And yeah a small dog on a farm = free range food for all manner of forested beasties...

courtney said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

THE CUTE! THE CUTE!
I CAN'T TAKE THE CUTE!

Awwwwwwww!!!

Angela said...

My thoughts EXACTLY. She will grow fat on doggie treats now...

FrecklesandDeb said...

Oh, my that is just so adorable I have to comment! That little face couldn't be any more expressive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...