Emotion Thesaurus: Sadness/Grief

· aching, smarting eyes (redness)
· stiff eyelids
· a scratchy throat
· soreness in the throat, lungs
· hyperventilating
· difficulty responding to questions and interacting with people
· uncontrollable crying
· premature aging (wrinkles, tired eyes, gray/white hair)
· weight loss or gain
· sickness
· a desire to live in the past
· suicidal thoughts
· oversensitivity


Good news! This sample has been expanded and streamlined into book form! The full list of physical, internal, and mental cues for this and 74 other emotions can be found in The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Expression, available for purchase at AmazonBarnes & NobleiTunes, and Smashwords. The PDF is also downloadable via the Paypal button in the sidebar. 


6 comments:

Luc2 said...

Nice lists, again. Very useful as reference.

Thank you.

Angela said...

Thanks, Luc!

Becca said...

Glad you find it useful, Luc!

The All Real Numbers Symbol said...

Just came across a link to this place, and I must say it is AMAZING. I willl definitely have to remember this blog, as I am sure it will come in very handy as I work on my stories.

Thank You!!

- The All Real Numbers Symbol

Mary Marvella said...

Awesome lists of new ways to make a point. We often reuse the some ones over and over, getting stuck in a rut.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank your for your awesome blog! Your thesaurus are very handy. They've helped me a lot writing my novel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...