Angela's Nerdery



I'm jumping on the craze sweeping the blogosphere by posting pics of my own Nerdery, where the scary things happen.

Here, zombies fight over false teeth, pirates risk life and limb for treasure and bullies get what's coming to them. Battles are won and lost, rules are broken and sometimes the dead refuse to stay dead.

All of this is stealthily hidden behind a façade of clutter piles, books, school forms and hand-made valentines. French Vanilla scents the air to cover the cloying odor of mayhem and madness, and a super-posable Aragorn keeps watch from his collector's edition box on top of the printer. *pets Aragorn*


To know me is to know one very important fact: I love Lord of the Rings. Up on the wall I have my LOTR miniatures: Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Gandalf on his white steed and of course, the four Ring wraiths.

South Park's Kyle and Kenny hang out on my filing cabinet, trying to devise a way to bring down Cartman while trying to avoid all things sharp and dangerous in hopes of giving Kenny the best chance to live through another day.

Did anyone spot the lumpy stuffed white sock on the shelf above the printer? If you did, go ahead a have a brownie. That's one of my most prized possessions--my oldest gave that to me when he was four. He painstakingly glued on some red craft hair and eyeballs, but the eyes have long since been lost. He brought it to me as I was working on my first story, a picture book called, 'A Frog Named Flamingo.' He said it was to keep me company when I was writing so I wouldn't get scared (in my old house, my computer was in a dark and dingy corner of our unfinished basement). Its been my mascot ever since.

Thanks to Susan (http://sandmore.blogspot.com/), where I found out about the Nerdery and Thomas (http://www.tappitytappity.blogspot.com/) who started the idea of posting our writing spaces. Why not stop on by and say hello, and then add your Nerdery to the tour? (Apologies for the lack of links--we're experiencing technical difficulties here, so you'll have to cut and paste until I get it fixed.)

Mr. Chainsaw personally sends a challenge to The Toasted Scimitar to show us their writing places! Muahhhaaaahhhaaaa!

12 comments:

Susan Sandmore said...

It's so clean and organized! Is it always that way? Did everybody but me clean up before snapping a picture?

Aragorn says "I am Isildur's heir! Let me out of this bubble-pack, darn you!"

Angela said...

Ah, you see, that's the benefit of the wide angle shot. From a distance, the desk appears clean. I didn't think readers could handle a close up. Well, I couldn't, at least. *shudders*

Unhinged said...

Oh, oh, oh! I'll play, although my photo was taken with my old camera and it's really a bad shot.

(I'm Andi at CC, by the way.)

(And I love that you're doing an Emotion Thesaurus. Good stuff, that.)

Unhinged said...

Woops, I forgot to share the link:

http://stillunhinged.blogspot.com/2008/02/where-magic-happens-or-not.html

CJ Raymer said...

Now see... this just isn't right. You've seen my desk at it's worse! (Remember my post on "Organized Chaos"?) If this is all you've got, sister...LOL!

You're awesome!

XOXO CJ

Angela said...

Thanks for visiting Andi, and I'm glad you're finding the ET halpful. I'm just off to check out your space right now. :-)

Angela said...

LOL--you see, there's a pile of paper strategically hidden behind the top of my office chair. One of these days it will topple and my kids will find me unconcious beneath it when I fail to wake them for school.

I wish I could have gone closer up, but my digital camera is having a battery issue, so I can maybe get a single shot off before the whole thing shuts down on me. Sometimes I can get an additional shot using only the window viewer, but ugh...I NEED a new camera.

Thomas Kingsley Troupe said...

Excellent! I'm glad you decided to join the nerdery fray! I'll link you up tonight when I post my Day 4 shots. Very, very cool!!!

Also, bonus points for zombies!

courtney said...

To echo Susan: so clean and organized! This is the primary reason I cannot participate in this awesome Nerdery meme.
And South Park represent!

Kate said...

No, that's waaaaay to tidy! I'd never show my writing space - I can't often find it. ;)

Becca said...

My nerdery is, frankly, too boring to be photographed. Plus, I like to haul the laptop around the house and write in the comfy spots, so I guess I'll live vicariously through the rest of you :).

Thanks for stopping in, Andi. I'm glad you're like the thesaurus.

I'm off for a nerdery tour now...

Catherine J Gardner / Phoenix Rendell said...

I am liking your space... And hints of nerdery with the LOTR figure...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...